We are told to eat chicken soup when we are sick but do you know why?
Chicken contains an amino acid called cysteine,that is released when you make the soup. Cysteine has the ability to breakdown proteins found in mucous that settles in the lungs. You may be familiar with the supplement NAC which is N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine which converts to glutathione. The cysteine in the chicken soup does the same thing. Glutathione is a potent antioxidant, protecting fatty tissues from the damaging effects of free radicals. and also is a powerful detoxifier of heavy metals, but specifically for colds is helps carry nutrients to the immune system cells.
Dr. Stephen Rennard of the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha in 2000 did a study and found that the ingredients (they never determined which ones specifically) inhibited the movement of neutrophils, the most common type of white blood cells that defend against infection. Dr. Rennard theorizes that by inhibiting the migration of these infection-fighting cells in the body, chicken soup essentially helps reduce upper respiratory cold symptoms.
The veggies in chicken soup also help when you have the flu. Carrots are a good natural source of beta-carotene. The body takes that beta-carotene and converts it to vitamin A. Vitamin A helps prevent and fight off infections by enhancing the actions of white blood cells that destroy harmful bacteria and viruses. Onions, another chicken soup regular, contains quercetin, another very powerful anti-oxidant and as far as a cold goes, it helps inhibit histamine, which acts as a natural anti-histamine in many bronchial related conditions. Plus it has anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties!
Chicken soup also contains minerals in a form the body can absorb easily—not just calcium but also magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulphur and trace minerals. Minerals are needed for communication by the brain to help the body fight the invaders.
Check out the adjunct liquid vitamin complex to strengthen the immune system with humic and fulvic acid. Throw about all those bottles. Daily Metrix has everything and non GMO, organic too! I take it. www.longlifenews.com
This is a great article. Part of it is recreated below. Read more from the link to learn what to do and what it can cause.
EMF radiation from the electronics in your car will have both short-term and long-term health effects. Common symptoms and health issues of EMF Exposure are:
- Glioma and other brain cancers
- Male and Female Infertility (see my post for more on this)
- Mood Disorders
- Childhood Cancers
- Heart Disease
- Severe depression
- Heart Disease
- Muscle Pain
- and much more
Sources of EMF Radiation In Cars
- The Battery – Most car batteries are a form of DC power, and do not typically emit EMF Radiation consistent with AC power. However, they often will emit a powerful temporary field of DC voltage when changing currents, such as when the vehicle first starts. People that are especially EMF sensitive (suffer from EHS) are likely to respond to this.
- Vehicle Relay Switches – Many operations in the vehicle will cause these relay switches to fire, such as pressing the break, turning on the hazard lights, flipping a turn signal, etc. These relay switches create magnetic field radiation.
- Vehicle Computer Systems – These should be self explanatory. Any type of computer system will emit a large amount of EMF radiation. Both the on board computer that controls the media system, as well as engine compartment computers will emit radiation.
- Electric Engines – Most vehicles have small electric engines that control things like windows and wiper blades that will emit a small amount of radiation.
- Alternator – The vehicle alternator is one of the largest sources of EMF radiation. Most commonly found in the far side of the engine compartment, the alternator creates dirty electricity and EMF radiation as it alters the electrical waves to fit the needs of the vehicle.
- Key-less Entry Systems and Start Systems – Many new vehicles now no longer require a key, but instead rely on radio waves from the remote control key, and a push button to start the vehicle. These more advanced systems utilize both radio waves, and Bluetooth radiation to control these systems, both of which emit EMF radiation.
- On Board Wifi – Wifi creates an enormous amount of radiation (read more about that here). Many vehicles are now coming equipped with Wifi routers built in so that families can be connected without having to rely on cell towers. This is EXTREMELY harmful as it produces an enormous amount of harmful radiation in very close proximity.
- Alarm Systems – Also utilizing radio waves, these alarm systems produce EMF radiation.