We are told to eat chicken soup when we are sick but do you know why?
Chicken contains an amino acid called cysteine,that is released when you make the soup. Cysteine has the ability to breakdown proteins found in mucous that settles in the lungs. You may be familiar with the supplement NAC which is N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine which converts to glutathione. The cysteine in the chicken soup does the same thing. Glutathione is a potent antioxidant, protecting fatty tissues from the damaging effects of free radicals. and also is a powerful detoxifier of heavy metals, but specifically for colds is helps carry nutrients to the immune system cells.
Dr. Stephen Rennard of the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha in 2000 did a study and found that the ingredients (they never determined which ones specifically) inhibited the movement of neutrophils, the most common type of white blood cells that defend against infection. Dr. Rennard theorizes that by inhibiting the migration of these infection-fighting cells in the body, chicken soup essentially helps reduce upper respiratory cold symptoms.
The veggies in chicken soup also help when you have the flu. Carrots are a good natural source of beta-carotene. The body takes that beta-carotene and converts it to vitamin A. Vitamin A helps prevent and fight off infections by enhancing the actions of white blood cells that destroy harmful bacteria and viruses. Onions, another chicken soup regular, contains quercetin, another very powerful anti-oxidant and as far as a cold goes, it helps inhibit histamine, which acts as a natural anti-histamine in many bronchial related conditions. Plus it has anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties!
Chicken soup also contains minerals in a form the body can absorb easily—not just calcium but also magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulphur and trace minerals. Minerals are needed for communication by the brain to help the body fight the invaders.
Check out the adjunct liquid vitamin complex to strengthen the immune system with humic and fulvic acid. Throw about all those bottles. Daily Metrix has everything and non GMO, organic too! I take it. www.longlifenews.com
This is a great article. Part of it is recreated below. Read more from the link to learn what to do and what it can cause.
EMF radiation from the electronics in your car will have both short-term and long-term health effects. Common symptoms and health issues of EMF Exposure are:
- Glioma and other brain cancers
- Male and Female Infertility (see my post for more on this)
- Mood Disorders
- Childhood Cancers
- Heart Disease
- Severe depression
- Heart Disease
- Muscle Pain
- and much more
Sources of EMF Radiation In Cars
- The Battery – Most car batteries are a form of DC power, and do not typically emit EMF Radiation consistent with AC power. However, they often will emit a powerful temporary field of DC voltage when changing currents, such as when the vehicle first starts. People that are especially EMF sensitive (suffer from EHS) are likely to respond to this.
- Vehicle Relay Switches – Many operations in the vehicle will cause these relay switches to fire, such as pressing the break, turning on the hazard lights, flipping a turn signal, etc. These relay switches create magnetic field radiation.
- Vehicle Computer Systems – These should be self explanatory. Any type of computer system will emit a large amount of EMF radiation. Both the on board computer that controls the media system, as well as engine compartment computers will emit radiation.
- Electric Engines – Most vehicles have small electric engines that control things like windows and wiper blades that will emit a small amount of radiation.
- Alternator – The vehicle alternator is one of the largest sources of EMF radiation. Most commonly found in the far side of the engine compartment, the alternator creates dirty electricity and EMF radiation as it alters the electrical waves to fit the needs of the vehicle.
- Key-less Entry Systems and Start Systems – Many new vehicles now no longer require a key, but instead rely on radio waves from the remote control key, and a push button to start the vehicle. These more advanced systems utilize both radio waves, and Bluetooth radiation to control these systems, both of which emit EMF radiation.
- On Board Wifi – Wifi creates an enormous amount of radiation (read more about that here). Many vehicles are now coming equipped with Wifi routers built in so that families can be connected without having to rely on cell towers. This is EXTREMELY harmful as it produces an enormous amount of harmful radiation in very close proximity.
- Alarm Systems – Also utilizing radio waves, these alarm systems produce EMF radiation.
Cats can develop kidney problems from eating a dry food only diet. Since they originated in the desert they are genetically trained to get moisture from their food and only when really thirsty will drink from a water bowl. This is usually the point at which they are already extremely dehydrated.
So if you feed kibble which needs moisture to break it down to digestible form, where do you think it will obtain that? It comes from the cat’s body, which will further dehydrate it. This also stresses the kidneys and over time can translate into urinary tract disease, stones, infections or kidney disease.
If you must feed dry, please make it wet before you offer it to kitty but placing in a bowl of water so it can absorb the needed moisture. While this is not real convenient if you are accustomed to leaving a bowl of food out all day, it will save you vet bills in the long run. Plus a lot of dry food contains grain which is not a normal staple for wild cats. Wet grain-free food is the healthiest for your whiskered family member.
Dogs are better adapted to dry food because they readily drink from a water bowl. But it is still best to feed the wet food or a mixture. Maybe you noticed your dog wolfing food down. This is normal and their stomachs are made for this because in the wild they need to eat and run. But, this wolfing is better adapted to wet food as when fed dry they are five times more likely to bloat.
read my book, Super Nutrition for Dogs n Cats from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Super-Nutrition-Dogs-Cats-Nina-Anderson/dp/188482059X
Your parent(s) could be a victim of a very sad type of scam that preys on lonely, older people. After reading an article about how unscrupulous people form ‘relationships’ only to extract money from wealthy seniors, I feel compelled to tell a story that occurred to a friend of my mother.
via Valentine Scam — The Caregiver’s Corner
We all seem to eat too much or binge on booze or sugar during the holiday season. And many of us feel guilty and try to detox or diet January 2nd. But in the meantime what is happening inside your tummy?
Do you feel bloated, crampy, experience nausea? Do you keep antacids nearby and gobble them like candy? You may develop chronic indigestion, even if it’s just a seasonal condition. Rather than reach for the antacids, you may want to do something more natural like supplement with hydrochloric acid (HCL) which helps increase gastric production and assists the body while it’s regaining the ability to produce its own sufficient amounts of HCL.
If you continue to abuse your body with bad food choices, lack of vitamin C and E, you may encourage overgrowth of H. pylori which increases gastric pH and may put you on the road to ulcers. It seems that habitual use of antacids and acid blocking drugs may promote the overgrowth of H. Pylori. If you suspect you have this you may want to try eliminating the foods that contribute to gastric upset and investigate Mastic gum which has the ability to wipe out H. pylori in certain folks. You also can consider taking deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) which has shown to help heal both stomach and duodenal ulcers. It works by stimulating the normal defense mechanisms that prevent ulcer formation and helps protect the intestinal lining. Manuka honey is also a key player in attacking H. plyori as are garlic, pomegranate extract, oregano oil an d-limonene from lemons.
But, if you don’t want to have to go through all that, be aware what you are putting in your stomach this holiday season. And avoid those antacids – they are only temporary fixes anyway. Remember – when your stomach hurts, it means you gave it something it didn’t like – pay attention!
-To see our videos about Joint problems, Memory loss, Anti-aging, Stress and Sleep and more go to: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/whyweage
Ck out this video I made on cataracts and joint pain…. For more info and details on our free Longevity Webinar click the link to create a login so you can access the 4 short videos: https://www.tendaystoalongerlife.com/offers/Yw2zhSe2
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged anti aging, antiaging, arthritis, cataracts, eye health, joint health, joint pain, longevity webinar, natural cataract treatment, Nina Anderson, preventing cataracts, relieving joint pain naturally, tips for seniors
Research published in the Journal of British Dermatology reveals a study that showed the sap from milkweed cures non-melanoma skin cancers! The plant substance is effective because of ingenol mebutate, a compound in it that seems to destroy cancer cells. Australian scientists from many medical institutions in Brisbane tested the milkweed sap on humans and found remarkable results. The studies showed a 75% cure rate with no visible scarring.
Now we just have to hope folks don’t grab all the milkweed and leave nothing for the poor Monarch butterflies that depend on it for survival.
If you haven’t done so already feel free to download our latest book at no charge: Think and Feel Younger, Longevity Tips for your 60s 70s and Beyond! click here
We have had over 100 people complete our survey to help us design content for our upcoming course “Ten Days to Living Longer”. To date the most concerns of those who participated were: joint pain and decreased mobility, fear of heart problems, memory loss and restricted vision. 90% of those who answered the question “Would you like to know what to eat that could lengthen your lifespan?” answered – absolutely! We will keep you updated on additional survey results and let you know how we are progressing on the course content. Thanks for all of those who are helping in this venture. If you want to be included in the survey click the archive link for April 2016 and read the post.