Category Archives: allergies

Natural help for allergies

If your allergies are seasonal and really annoying you may want to consider some natural help. Quercetin is my favorite as it helps stabilize the release of histamines from certain immune cells which decreases some of your symptoms like coughs, watery eyes, runny noses and even hives.

Bulking up on vitamin C will also help control histamine reactions. I find the best absorbed C is Camu Camu. Also important is vitamin D3. As we know this is good to fortify the immune system in the winter to prevent the flu but it also can shore up the immune system to fight allergies in the spring and summer. One of my favorites is Manuka Honey. I actually put a little bit up my nose and within minutes it seems to attack pathogens and cause my nose to run. Soon I find it clears out. The active ingredient, MGL methylglyoxal, has been shown to be effective for treatments against nasal mucus. Do some of your own research on this exquisite treatment from New Zealand and see if it can help you too.

Butterbur extract can help alleviate headaches and congestion as it blocks the swelling in the nasal passages. It is like an antihistamine without the drowsiness side effect. Another old fashioned (but now trendy) home remedy is apple cider vinegar. Not only can you takes some orally to alkalize the body but if you use a Neti pot to steam your head, put some in it and see how it helps to flush out your sinus’.

And of course to try to control production of mucus you might want to consider eliminating diary (especially cheese), eggs, potatoes, bananas, corn products, sweets and white processed carbohydrates. You also need to make sure you are taking a well-rounded vitamin complex to keep the immune system strong.

-sponsored by where you can find Daily Metrix, a multi-vitamin liquid supplement for the ultimate in immune support.



I found a cool eco-product

Normally I don’t get excited by all the new technological products on the market but my friend introduced me to this and I bought one! Their website: Click Here

It’s a light bulb that lasts for 10 years and kills bacteria, viruses, mold, odors and reduces the effects from indoor air pollution. I didn’t really believe that until I went to their website and checked out all their clinical studies. Not to sound like an advertisement I copied some statistics from their website that I thought would answer some of your skepticism.

The technology behind the Pure-Light Super Oxygen Light bulbs has been proven to Breakdown 99.9% of bacteria,viruses, fungi, mold including deadly MRSA, Cold & Flu viruses, E-COLI, SARS, STAPH, CRE, Salmonella, Anthrax, Plague… even those viruses/bacteria that have become resistant to antibiotics. Additionally,  the process breaks down toxic indoor air pollutants like formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, methane, benzine and other VOCs into harmless components. These features work with only a single bulb after just 45 minutes of being turned on.

The process also dissolves Pollen and other allergens and destroys odors without masking them with fragrances. It is a full spectrum light with makes you happy and helps to overcome the seasonal affective disorder (SAD syndrome).

This bulb uses 70%-90% less energy compared to incandescent bulbs and 50% less energy compared to fluorescent lights so it is energy-efficient and saves you lots of money plus it does NOT contain mercury. It is also a great “grow” light for your plants – their lab tests showed increased plant growth over regular greenhouse lighting.

Check it out… this isn’t sold in stores.. no Amazon, no ebay, no box stores so you have to go to the website.

Is your house why you got the flu?

Now that spring is springing are you wondering why we seemed to get sicker during winter months when we are indoors most of the time? Sure, maybe it’s that lack of copious amounts of vitamin D from the low sunlight, but could it be toxins from inside your closed-up home that are putting your immune system into distress?

Did you know that mold, electromagnetic stress and formaldehyde from that glued furniture can mess up your immune response to the flu? Mold can also trigger asthma as can volatile organic gases from paint as well as the pesticides you spray for bugs. If you have trouble concentrating, are dizzy or are suffering from depression you may be susceptible to paint fumes, accumulations of lead or heavy metals from water pipes and possibly frequencies from home electronics. Carbon monoxide is well-known to be lethal but an early sign is nausea, confusion, headaches and coordination problems. Do you have a detector (or two) in your home? That carpet you just installed can be outgassing chemicals and fungicides, especially if it is a stain-resistant one. If you are sensitive, you may get symptoms from that new rug such as burning eyes, memory problems, chills and fever, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision and more.

Critters in your water could contribute to diarrhea and if that water is fluoridated it could facilitate collagen protein breakdown making you look older than you are. Fluoride can also contribute to hypothyroidism, hormone imbalance and hypoglycemia even though the dental industry says it’s ok. Chlorine is used in most city water systems to keep those critters at bay, but when chlorine reacts with water it combines with other natural compounds to form Trihalomethanes that trigger the production of free radicals in the body, causing cell damage. Chlorine has been linked to problems with your circulatory system, low blood pressure, change in blood pH, throat pain, digestive disturbances to name a few.

Microwave radiation leakage gets worse the older the unit gets and the more times you open the door. This can not only cause nervous system anomalies, but can affect your muscles making them weaker and also affect your cognitive ability. It also can affect your eyes if you are too close to the oven and stare at the food being cooked.  Electromagnetic stress on the body from wiring, compact fluorescent lighting and personal electronics can raise a whole new set of symptoms ranging from fatigue to heart arrhythmias to headaches to other symptoms no one can seem to find a cause for. EHS or electro-hypersensitivity is a real illness for people who are incapacitated in the vicinity of electromagnetic frequencies and in Canada it is recognized as a disability.

While we have come a long way since I wrote the book “Your Health and Your House” in 1994, you still can improve the interior of your home to meet healthy standards. Look for low or zero VOC paints that don’t outgass, use polyurethane that is water based and make sure all the windows remain open when you paint. Purchase wool or cotton carpets without the stain resistant treatments and don’t use chemical cleaning products or air fresheners that are chemical based. Beware of cheap composite furniture that contains formaldehyde glue and avoid stain-resistant coverings. Don’t use garden pesticides, especially since they can be tracked indoors by your mud boots. You might want to invest in a water or air purifier and absolutely get a carbon monoxide detector. And to be safe – get a healthy house inspection.

For a copy of my latest ebook at no cost, Live Longer with Cellular Rejuvenation go to: