Grape skins and seeds are waste products for wine and juice. But smart folks have captured them and extracted the powerful antioxidants they possess. Among their many talents are anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-cancerous and anti-microbial. Studies have shown they hold promise for heart disease and high blood pressure. They are even being added to beverages as functional items. Usually extracted with organic solvents which can be expensive, toxic and difficult to dispose, Univ. of Arkansas researchers are “greening” the process by using pressurized water, a technique called subcritical water processing. This process produces antioxidant compounds that are smaller in size and more effectively adsorbed by the body. (excerpted from Nutrition Industry Executive magazine, Oct. 22011)
- View FabulousFlyingNina’s profile on Facebook
- View fabulousflying’s profile on Twitter
- View fabflynina’s profile on Pinterest
- View nina-anderson-atp-c-nlp-spn-reiki-ii-99695b4’s profile on LinkedIn
- View LJBPiper’s profile on YouTube
- View user55889343’s profile on Vimeo
- View 102638827669152843080’s profile on Google+
Our Sponsor: Daily Metrix. full spectrum, non GMO liquid vitamins.
New Book: Natural Brain Support
A Barnstormer Aviator. True story about the AntiAginglady’s barnstormer father.
Blog Catalog Approved
Anti Aging Lady413-229-9042Eastern time zone USA