We need to pay attention to our eyes. It is believed that nearly half of Americans have low macular pigment optical density which is a possible risk fact for age-related macular degeneration (AMD). This condition gradually destroys sharp, central vision and affects reading and watching TV among other things. People over the age of 60 are in the greatest risk group. Dry AMD occurs when the light-sensitive cells in the macula break down. This accounts for about 90 % of the cases. Wet AMD is caused when new blood vessels grow under the retina and then bleed or leak damaging the macula. 90% of all AMD blindness is caused by this type. Prevention includes proper diets rich in lutein and zeaxanthin found readily in spinach and kale. Flavonoid carotenoids found in goji berry, spinach and ginkgo biloba hae good active levels of these phytocompounds. Along with lutein and zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, omega-3s and bilbery extract are among the extracts that have been utilized in supporting vision health. Dr. Michael Geiger has written a good little book called Eye Care Naturally. It is available on amazon.com and gives you good information on combatting not only AMD but cataracts and other eye conditions that we may face as we age.
- View FabulousFlyingNina’s profile on Facebook
- View fabulousflying’s profile on Twitter
- View fabflynina’s profile on Pinterest
- View nina-anderson-atp-c-nlp-spn-reiki-ii-99695b4’s profile on LinkedIn
- View LJBPiper’s profile on YouTube
- View user55889343’s profile on Vimeo
- View 102638827669152843080’s profile on Google+
Our Sponsor: Daily Metrix. full spectrum, non GMO liquid vitamins.
New Book: Natural Brain Support
A Barnstormer Aviator. True story about the AntiAginglady’s barnstormer father.
- A sponsor: Non-GMO specialty supplements
- Eco light that purifies air
- electroBlast rehydration concentrate
- Enduropacks exercise recovery blog:
- Eye Care Naturally Book
- Interview on electrolytes for runners
- Nina Anderson on Smart Meter hazards
- Nina's books
- Our Facebook Fan Page
- Sign up for FREE ebook: Think and Feel Younger
- Who knew screen time can affect the brain?
Blog Catalog Approved
Anti Aging Lady413-229-9042Eastern time zone USA