Tips to keep your pet safe especially during the Holidays:
1. Don’t let them eat mistletoe or holly…poinsettias aren’t lethal but can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
2. Don’t let them drink the water under the tree especially if you’ve added longevity chemicals.
3. Keep tinsel and ornament away and make sure they can’t chew light wires. Also they my chomp down ribbons and paper so watch them.
4. Don’t let them eat pine needles.
5. Keep away: chocolate, gravy, spicy foods, cooked bones, alcohol.
6. Snow globes are filled with antifreeze which could kill them so if one breaks clean it up and keep the pet out of the room while cleaning.
7. Candles should be extinguished while you are not in the room as the pet may knock it over and burn your house down. Also potpourri can make them sick as can those oil fragrance sticks (the oil can be lethal).
8. Keep your pets away from party guests if them seem to be getting stressed due to all the commotion.
*reprinted from Trupanion.com