BIOFORTIFIED is the new word for GMO food so BEWARE!
BIOFORTIFIED is the new word for GMO food so BEWARE!
The new GMO labeling law (scanning the barcode on foods) will tell you what foods are GMO. But they don’t mean that they are organic! When you look for non-GMO foods you might think you are safe. But, even if the food is not GMO it may contain the same pesticides used on GMO foods such as the glyphosphate. If you want to be absolutely sure these carcinogenic compounds don’t end up in your body we suggest only buying products that contain the USDA Organic label. This means not only are they GMO free but weren’t grown with pesticides.
So.. the new law just passed in Congress lets you know if a product is GMO or not… or does it? Only if you have a phone with an app that lets you read barcodes. And they leave it up to the companies to determine what they say about that so who knows what the truth will be.
For the rest of us who don’t go around scanning supermarket shelf items, you can buy organic. Most health food products gladly announce GMO free and by definition, certified organic means – no pesticides. The Non GMO Project also encourages manufactures to submit their products for review so they can proudly display this label on their foods.
If you aren’t up to snuff on why you should go GMO free – search what glyphosate (the pesticide used on GMO crops to kill weeds) does to you. Also check out the blog https://gmoupdates.wordpress.com for the latest info. You don’t want to be surprised by getting sick and wondering why all those good looking ears of corn, potatoes, apples, sugar cane, winter squash, papaya, soy, aspartame, canola oil and dairy from cows fed GMO feed could have wrecked your immune response.
We are finished creating our online workshop Ten Days to a Longer Life. We now need to create the videos for your viewing. Just to give you and idea of the subject matter: Modules on 1.Why we Age 2. Mind over Body 3. Longevity Foods 4. Foods that Derail Longevity. 5. Digestion. 6. Food Intolerance. 7. Basic Longevity Supplements. 8. Joint Problems & Arthritis 9. Stress and Sleep. and several bonus modules including Gluten-free Recipes and an intro module where we tell you our stories and how we treated our symptoms naturally.
If you are on our announcement list, stay tuned for the release date. If not, please download our free ebook Think and Feel Younger and that will put you on the list. http://youngerebook.gr8.com
-Nina Anderson, C.N.L.P., S.P.N., author of 18 books on natural health -Suzel Cable, Certified Nutrition Coach
PS. Don’t forget to get a FREE e-copy of my new book “Think and Feel Younger” Click Here
Former US Navy staff scientist Dr. Nancy Swanson did studies:
“Prevalence and incidence data show correlations between diseases of the organs and the increase in Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) in the food supply, along with the increase in glyphosate-based herbicide applications. More and more studies have revealed carcinogenic and endocrine disrupting effects of Roundup at lower doses than those authorized for residues found in Genetically Modified Organisms.”
“The endocrine disrupting properties of glyphosate can lead to reproductive problems: infertility, miscarriage, birth defects, and sexual development. Fetuses, infants and children are especially susceptible because they are continually experiencing growth and hormonal changes. For optimal growth and development, it is crucial that their hormonal system is functioning properly.
The endocrine disrupting properties also lead to neurological disorders (learning disabilities (LD), attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD), autism, dementia, Alzheimer’s, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder). Those most susceptible are children and the elderly.”
For more info: http://bit.ly/102BRtQ
(1) Sugar is a cancer cell’s favorite food. Even without having cancer, we all have a few cancer cells floating around.
When an acidic internal environment discourages normal cellular glucose metabolism with oxygen, those oxygen starved cells begin thriving by fermenting glucose and demanding more that our culture readily provides. Why encourage them?
(2) Candida yeast cells also exist in small amounts with everyone. When they overwhelm our friendly probiotic bacteria, we have Candida yeast overgrowth, which enables this fungus to infiltrate the body with all sorts of health problems.
Diets for discouraging and helping eliminate Candida promote complete abstinence from all forms of sugar until the overgrowth recedes. High sugar intake encourages Candida, which many say is cancer’s favorite habitat.
(3) Processed sugar and fructose are stripped of all mineral content and wind up leeching minerals from our bodies, including our teeth. They also inhibit mineral absorption, including magnesium. Magnesium is a commonly deficient and vitally important for over 300 metabolic processes.
(4) GMO corn is used to manufacture High Fructose Corn Syrup, and this process creates a mercury byproduct. GMO beets are used more now for creating sucrose (table sugar). Pure unprocessed sugar cane does contain nutrients, while processing involves nasty chemicals that can come along.
(5) Sugar is addictive. It stimulates central nervous system neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin, giving you a pleasant buzz to crave more and promote overeating dead processed foods.
(6) Sugar creates glucose spikes that force the pancreas to produce insulin more often and beyond it’s normal capacity. This wears the pancreas down, limiting insulin production that leads to diabetes. Type II diabetes is insulin resistance, which is preceded by metabolic syndrome at least partly attributable to high sugar intake.
(7) A depleted pancreas can’t provide sufficient proteolytic enzymes to bust open cancer cell walls and render them defenseless from the immune system’s killer cells.
(8) Many nutritional experts attribute the rise of obesity and cardiac problems to higher refined carbohydrate and sugar consumption. And the condensed fructose in HFCS is absorbed first by the liver, which cannot metabolize it all and has to store accumulated fructose as fat creating fatty liver.